Tuesday, August 6, 2013

last year... last year was a good one.

So, I wasn't quite sure what I wanted to blog about for today... and yet again I didn't have any good pictures to put up here, so that definitely wasn't helping with any inspiration. So I thought, hey, a tried and true recipe is to look back in the old archives and see what I was doing on this day, last year! So I clicked and...

Holy cow, last year I was on my way to England.

ENGLAND! How could I forget that in the first week of August 2012, I jetted off to a different country? Oh how my heart hurts. When my sisters and I found out that we were going on a girls trip with my mom and aunt last year to visit my grandparents in England, we all simultaneously burst into tears. Oh, England is such a beautiful place. And for all you Downton Abbey fans out there... guess who has actually been inside and walked around the house? Yep, that would be me.

I love traveling. Who doesn't? Ok, I'm sure there are people who actually don't, but it sounded really cliche to me to say that I love it. Which I do. Anyway. I have only been out of the country twice - to Denmark and to England. Both to visit grandparents, and I feel so lucky to have had those experiences. I know they are most likely once in a lifetime.. but I really hope I get another opportunity to head over to Europe. Alex and I would really like to give Spain a try, and I have been obsessed with Greece for the greater part of my life, so who knows! So enough rambling about that, I'll just leave you with some pictures from England and tell you that I really REALLY want to be back there, and that if you ever have an opportunity to get yourself across the pond, you better go for it!

this is what you wear on the plane to England. It's practical, and also saves room in your suitcase.













we were there during the olympics! but we didn't seen any events... 



what did I tell you?! DOWNTON ABBEY. a.k.a highclere castle.


white cliffs of dover. 
So... that was a really random photo dump. But if you want to read more about my adventures in England in detail, and actually see the pictures in context, feel free to click here and work your way forward.

p.s. where is the best place you've ever traveled? where do you most want to go?

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for being my daughter and going to England with me! It was unforgettable and amazing. It was so fun to share that experience. Your grandparents are the best! we could never have even imagined such a trip without them.

    P.S. I learned how to leave a comment. It wasn't that hard. I just clicked on "post a comment" but I don't know what an open ID or URL mean so I will just be Anonymous

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your thoughts on the subject.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...