Friday, August 9, 2013

another post of things my sister and i do together, if that's all right with you.

So, here's what happened.

I had a hair appointment down at the home base at 10:45 in the morning. Originally Alex was like, yeah! Of course I'll go down there with you, but I need to be home by 4:30 for work! So I was like, alright, bring on the mini road trip. Turns out, at 9:00 the next morning, Alex wasn't as gung-ho for the ride down south, and I took the trip alone. (He likes to take the mornings pretty easy... and I don't blame him! summer is almost over!) It wasn't all bad though, because I knew I would have more time with family if I didn't have a deadline to get back. 

SO. I got my hair done. Had lunch with my mom and Olivia. Visited my beautiful grandmother. And then for the rest of the evening,  Olivia and I were on our own. We kept looking at each other saying, what do you want to do? I don't know, what do you want to do? and so forth for about a half hour. After which I finally said, well... do you want some frozen yogurt? 

And of course. She did. So we went to Station Park in Farmington and tracked down Orange Leaf. This is the tale of what happened to us there.



^^^ It was very tranquil there. Not too many people, plenty of places to lounge around... ^^^


^^^ Frozen yogurt on the patio, loving life. Pineapple and coconut frozen yogurt is the way to go. ^^^

We finished our treat, and then we were right back where we started. So... what do you want to do now? I don't know, what do you want to do? --- on and on! Finally Olivia said, do you want to go check out the candy store? they have giant boxes of nerds. 

And of course. I did.


^^^ How many licks does it take to get to the center of that tootsie pop? And Olivia thinks she's hot enough to handle the giant hot tamales. ^^^

There was so much candy there it was overwhelming. I wanted some chocolate covered gummy bears but they were too much money for my poor married self... so maybe someone can get them as a present for me someday?? Also there were about 80 different candies I had never seen before. It was a store worth exploring. But after we bought a book of cat poems there (a book? at a candy store? written by cats? obviously a must have) we were back to square one. So... what should we do now? I don't know what do you want to do? And we asked ourselves if perhaps we might want to go to the new bakery and get cupcakes?

And of course. We did.


^^^ Mine was lemon, hers was coconut.^^^

After the security guy walked by us four times and finally managed to squeak out a "hey how's it going ladies" we finally decided that what we wanted to do was go home and eat some "real" food. 

So that's how we ended up eating grilled cheese and tomato soup on a thursday night in Farmington.

The end.

p.s. that darn olivia is moving down south to college FOREVER away from me, so... the sister posts will probably be few and far between after this. I am devastated! 

1 comment:

Tell me your thoughts on the subject.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...