Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Boys! Can't Live With Them, Can't Live Without Them! Part 3

this is just a picture i took. you can decide if it applies at all.

I dated a boy once who said he wanted to marry me. Marry me! But he had some requirements for himself. Including graduating from school, getting a job, being able to own a house and yacht and own basketball team... ok, that's an exaggeration, but basically what he was really saying was, "I want to marry you in three years when I have everything figured out."

There are a few things wrong with this. First off, where in the world would you get the idea that you could have everything figured out in just a few years? Give me a break. It's been almost three years and I can tell you for a fact he still doesn't have everything figured out. Another thing is, since when were those things requirements for getting married? To me, that seems like you're skipping a really really integral part of growing together as a couple. Not that you have to get married in school, or get married without employment (heavens no!). What I'm saying is, please please don't have everything figured out. Can't we figure this out together? This little thing called life? Wouldn't it be better with someone by your side helping you out?

And that, my friends, is the topic of this installment of "Boys! Can't Live With Them, Can't Live Without Them".

The fact that boys think they have to do everything by themselves.

There are a couple things I have to say on this topic, so please, bear with me. First off, boys, you do NOT have to do everything by yourself. In fact, I would prefer it if you didn't. What am I supposed to do? Where is my value in any relationship with you, if I just sit back and watch you figure everything out without me? This goes along with the last thing I said in my essays about boys - that men and women have equal strengths and weaknesses, and should treat each other as such. We were meant to be here, helping each other. It is not supposed to be girls watching the boys struggle to accomplish everything that we think we need.

Because let me tell you something, boys. Girls don't need that much. You want to know what girls need? Girls need to know that you'll work hard. That you'll take care of them and support them. That you'll do your best to make them feel loved no matter what situation you are in in life. Sure, there are things that we want. There are always things that people want. That does not mean that they are necessary. What is necessary is that we can always come to you. That you're there for us. That you'll work hard enough so that maybe eventually we'll have those comfortable material things.

Young men, don't think you have to do things alone. Give women some credit. We'll give you the same things we want. Hard work, support, love... and everything else will fall into place. By all means, have a job. Finish school, or keep working to finish school. But don't you dare give up something great because you're too proud to live in a tiny apartment with sparse furniture and generic food products. Include someone else in your plans... you may be surprised how much more bearable life could be!

p.s. this is written generically toward the population of males in this generation and any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
p.p.s. feel free to read part 1 and part 2 by clicking on those links respectively. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your thoughts on the subject.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...