Wednesday, February 16, 2011

not sure what just happened

So, I'm at the Aggie basketball game with my good friends Jason, Matt, and Cade, and their other cute friends who I never got names of. The game is going really well. Two shattered backboards, and we are up by twenty-ONE! After a while though, we just started getting better and better. Points are flying off the backboard in cascades of Aggie goodness. Before I know it, it's up by twenty-EIGHT! And Jason informs me that they are leaving when it hits up by thirty. I'm fine with that, my dad and brother are at the game too, and I'm meeting them after. So lo and behold, we hit up by thirty and Jason, Matt, Cade, and two cute girls pack up and book it out of there. I stand alone for all of twenty seconds before I decide I'm going to go sit by my family who moved to the student section due to the lack of people showing up. (And people leaving during the forty five minute intermission.) I walk up the stairs, but I'm about 3/4 of the way up when I decide to take a shortcut through the row because there is hardly anyone sitting up here. The row I choose has one, count 'em ONE guy on it. He's standing up, holding a small video camera, and even though he's a little large, I figure I can squeeze past him.

I know what you're thinking... I'm about to do something embarrassing. Well prepare to be surprised, because I certainly was.

I make it to him, and politely say, "excuse me! Sorry!" and start to sidle past... only wait... something odd is happening. The man is either a lot fatter than I gave him credit for, or else he's backing up and slamming me into the metal seat... Oh, yep. He's slammed me hard. And what's that? Yeah, he's holding me there. So I let out a little gasp of surprise and immediately back off. Then I stand there in a daze wondering what just happened. He ignores me completely. So I mutter "rude" to myself and clumsily climb over the chairs behind him, and then I cause two people to stand up so I can walk past. 

I was shocked. I felt like crying. My thigh hurt like heck from being slammed into the chair... and I have a nice big bruise to show for it. 

So just wondering... was I out of line for trying to squeeze past?

p.s. today i had ice chunks stuck in my hair.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that's so rude! I can't believe he actually did that - he must have been having one heck of a bad day or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crap that is so crazy! I'm sorry that happened.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahaha i so wish i could have witnessed that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahahhahahahahahahahah what the heck???!!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your thoughts on the subject.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...